Friday, October 17, 2014

Gender Roles

My biggest concern this week came up after watching the documentary on Gender Roles, where I saw how extremists some people can be in enforcing equality. I do not disagree with the idea of equality. As a matter of fact, I support righteous movements for equality in aspects that do not contradict our human and divine nature. It is important to understand what our purpose in this life is and then we will be able to understand how the traits and weaknesses that we have been given are specifically directed to helping us play that role and achieve our purpose. It made me wonder what would happen if men decided that it was not fair for them not not be able to give birth. Do we start a movement that enables us males to be able to give birth? I hope you understand the sarcasm behind the last comment; but that is the way that I feel when I hear about extremist feminist movements who search to be able to do everything that man can do.
The best way I have been able to understand gender roles and differences is by comparing it to tools in a garage. When a task needs to be done we know what tools are needed to best fulfill this task. If a nail needs to be pushed in, we need the strength of the hammer. We cannot use a screwdriver to do such a thing. Imagine the screwdriver starting a movement so that they use their handle to push in the nails. It simply does not work that way. Gender differences are crucial to find balance and progression as a community. 
Equality means that we are treated righteously respecting our weaknesses and strengths given to us as male and female.

No comments:

Post a Comment